At Wheeler Wolfenden and Dwares, CPAs, we know it is how we provide the service and who delivers it that make the difference.
Our services are delivered by experienced professionals who offer insights and solve challenges. We communicate and collaborate with each other and our clients. Those deeper connections, together with our cutting-edge knowledge of business trends and ever-changing regulations, create strong value that goes well beyond a list of services.
Accounting & Auditing
Our accounting and auditing services go beyond the required financial audit, review or compilation to help you make better business decisions.
We simplify the complex. As your advisor, we work with your management team to leverage your financial information to increase efficiency and profitability. We carefully review your data, make recommendations for improvements, and help you look ahead with projections and forecasts.
In addition, there may be times when you need an independent professional to clarify an issue or confirm a process. In such cases, our firm can help through an agreed-upon procedures engagement.
WW&D’s accounting and auditing services include:
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations of Financial Statements
- Agreed-Upon Procedure Engagements
- Audits of Investment Partnerships
- Compliance Audits / Examinations
- Payroll Reporting and Compliance
- Projections and Forecasts
Our team of professionals ensures you spend less time worrying about your taxes. We go beyond ordinary tax preparation services to help you plan effectively and keep you from paying more taxes than necessary. We’re here to help you understand how certain tax laws may impact your individual, business, estate or gift taxes. We can determine the returns you need to file and guide you through any issues related to federal, state and local tax audits.
WW&D’s tax services include:
- Preparation of Tax Returns for Individuals, Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary Trusts, Nonprofits and Pension Plans
- Year-End Tax Planning
- Strategic Tax Planning and Transaction Analysis for Closely-Held Businesses and High Net Worth Individuals
- State and Local Tax Planning, Preparation and Analysis
- Cost Segregation
- Evaluation of Forms of Conducting Business
- FBAR Reporting
- IRS and Other Agency Representation
- Nexus Analysis
- Offers in Compromise Agreements
- Pension and Profit-Sharing Plans
- Research and Development Tax Credit Analysis
- Retirement Planning
- Section 199 Analysis
Business Advisory Services
When you are busy running your business each day, you don’t always have time to think about the future and the strategies you need to achieve your goals.
Our process starts with getting to know you and your business: your goals, operations, challenges and issues. As your advisor, we guide you through new regulations, business trends and best practices, so you can make informed and sound business decisions.
WW&D’s business advisory services include:
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Valuations
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Executive and Finance Staff Recruiting
- Identifying Financing Sources and Alternatives
- Managing and Refining Banking Relationships
- Mergers and Acquisitions Strategy
- Profitability Improvement
- Restructuring of Loans and Financial Agreements
- Strategic Business Planning
- Succession Planning
- Workout Agreement Assistance
Whether your international company is establishing or expanding operations in the United States, or your domestic company is opening an overseas subsidiary, our professionals will help you establish a solid foundation for growth. We can support you by providing international tax, accounting, assurance and advisory services.
Our team is experienced in serving your international accounting and tax needs. Should we require additional expertise in out-of-state or foreign locations, we leverage our independent member firm status in CPAmerica International / Crowe Horwath International, an association of CPA firms with broad reach extending across the country and around the world.
WW&D’s international services include:
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations for Foreign-Owned US Businesses
- Business Structure Consulting and Tax Services for US-Based Entities owned by Foreign Companies
- FBAR Reporting
- Individual Tax Services for Non-Residents Working in the US
- International Affiliations with Legal and Financial Support Staff Worldwide
- International Tax Compliance and Planning
Wealth & Estate Planning
Planning ahead can go a long way toward preserving wealth and making sure your loved ones enjoy financial security for years to come. For business owners, early and effective planning can ease the succession of ownership and ensure business continuity.
As your advisor, we help you protect your assets, stay current on changing tax laws, and minimize tax liabilities for your estate and your heirs. We work with you, your attorney and other professionals to help you understand the tax implications of your current estate plan and offer recommendations based on tax law.
WW&D’s wealth and estate planning services include:
- Bill-Pay Services
- Business Succession Planning
- Employee Benefit Packages and Compensation Packages Analysis
- Estate / Gift Tax Planning and Valuation
- Family and Business Financial Security Review
- Guardianship Accounting Services
- Identification of Gifting and Education Fund Opportunities
- Investment, Life Insurance and Retirement Planning
- Tax Preparation
- Tax Ramification Analysis
- Trustee and Power of Attorney Services
Should you ever find yourself facing a family law or business dispute, the strength of your financial information will likely determine the strength of your case. Our litigation support experts work with your attorney to provide an accurate assessment and analysis of your tax and financial positions. With years of experience in divorce and business dispute cases, we are able to provide valuable assistance in every phase of your case.
We will attend mediation sessions to advise you and your attorney on financial and tax matters. If your case goes to trial, we can provide expert testimony. In cases where a neutral expert is needed, we prepare analyses for both parties.
Understanding your financial situation is critical to knowing when to settle or if trial is the better option. With our team by your side, you can be confident in your strategy.
WW&D’s litigation support services include:
- Business Valuations
- Divorce Economic Settlement
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Financial Agreement Analysis
- Fraud Detection and Analysis