Wheeler Wolfenden and Dwares, CPAs, is thrilled to announce that this year marks our 25th anniversary of providing high-quality accounting services to Delaware and the surrounding communities. Founded in 1998 by Dave Wolfenden and John Wheeler, our firm has grown to one of the leading accounting firms in the state.
We are honored to continue the legacy of our founders, who recognized the need for exceptional accounting services in Delaware. We have built a team of professionals who are dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our clients, establishing a solid foundation for our business.
We are grateful for the support of our clients, employees, and community partners, without whom we could not have achieved the many milestones we have accomplished over the past 25 years, such as
- 1998: Wheeler Wolfenden and Dwares, CPAs is founded in Newark, Delaware by Dave Wolfenden and John Wheeler.
- 2000: Second office opened in Wilmington, Delaware.
- 2002: Named one of the “100 Fastest Growing Private Companies” by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- 2005: Named one of the “Best Places to Work” in Delaware by the Delaware Business Journal.
- 2006: Named a “Marvin Gilman Superstar in Business” by the Delaware Business Journal.
- 2009: Named the Associated Builders and Contractors of Delaware Associate/Supplier Member of the Year.
- 2010: Named one of the “Top 100 Accounting Firms” in the United States by Accounting Today.
- 2010: The firm is awarded the DSCPA public service award to John Wheeler–posthumously.
- 2015: Named one of the “Best Accounting Firms for Women” by Accounting Today.
- 2016: Delaware Business Times names Kathy Corcoran Top 40 under 40.
- 2017: Wheeler Wolfenden and Dwares, CPAs has been recognized for the firm’s website by the Hermes Creative Awards and the Delaware Press Association.
- 2018 – 2020 “Best of the Best Under $5 Million” as a result of INSIDE Public Accounting’s (IPA) Annual Survey and Analysis of Firms.
- 2020: Named one of the “Best Accounting Firms for Diversity” by Accounting Today.
- 2020: Navigated the COVID-19 pandemic successfully, keeping doors open and providing employees with meaningful work
Other notable achievements include being awarded the Accountant Advocate of the year by the SBA to John Wheeler in 2000, recognized by the News Journal with their Best in Business Outstanding Companies in Delaware award in 2000 and their Best In Business: Banking/Financial Services Community Involvement Award for Small Firms in 2005, and receiving the Marvin Gilman Superstars in Business award in 2006.
Our commitment to giving back to the community is exemplified by creating the Wheeler Wolfenden and Dwares, CPAs Accounting Scholarship in the Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware in 2018. We take pride in our accomplishments, but we are even prouder of the relationships we have built with our clients, employees, and community partners. Our team of professionals is committed to providing exceptional service to our clients, and we are excited to continue serving them for many years to come.
Thank you for being a part of our journey and allowing us to grow with you!